quinta-feira, 7 de fevereiro de 2008

INDEPENDENT WORKS


In the last post I wrote about the Americans and their boring films from Hollywood. Today i woke up thinking that there's a lot of independent moviemakers as: Gus Van Sant, Jason Reitman, John Reiss, Dito Montiel that are my role models.
I like lots of great Europeans, Latin and others nacionalities moviemakers but I felt unfair and I decided start this new post with them.
Jason Kohn, another one did a documentary "Manda Bala" about the exotic image of the carnival and the strong contrast of the modern Brazil and also he filmed about our corruption.
I readed good reviews but didn't find the film yet here. Anyway want watch with his eyes and see how he look our "exotic and regular life".
My role models are these guys whom survive and are happy with their independent works. They teach me a lot.
I love cinema and arts all types of. I have a special admiration for a brazilian artist called Stephan Doitschinoff. He do a grafitti, really beatiful and inspire me much. You can see his job in this image I put in that post. He mix religion with our northeast Brazilian culture. He going to show soon on Anno Domini- USA.
Like also Banksy, Gêmeos and many others guys from grafitti.
There are so many good people from many areas quite impossible to describe isn't it?

2 comentários:

ivi brasil disse...

you are très chic writing a blog in english. sooo coooool! you have to go to choque cultural gallery to see a new exhibition with northamerican graffiti artists, but there are so many nice exhibitions now in são paulo...

Dedé disse...

fê,

escrve em inglês que dai eu treino,hahahaha!!!!
Tô adorando o blog!
Beijos